Minimalist Packing

2 years of planning and we are only days away from our European adventure. Mason's 8th grade trip to France, Spain and Italy is right around the corner and we are ready! Euros are in and our passports are ready to be stamped!

3 more days ... The packing is complete and I am proud to say I managed to pack everything for this 14 day trip into a carry-on sized suitcase (22 x 14) and a backpack . The goal was to travel light as possible as we will be on planes, trains and buses traveling to 3 countries and more than 10 different cities during this 14 day tour. Heavy luggage would be an added burden and also I like the minimalist challenge! :-) 

Summer packing is easier for minimalist packing for obvious reasons, however, this is the first time I have used packing cubes and they helped immensely. I purchased a 3 pack of Eagle Creek cubes and a few compressible bags for the larger items. Packing on paper first helped a ton and in the end the only thing I feel I am sacrificing is additional shoe options. I am bringing only a pair of Sperry tennis shoes and my Mary Jane style Jambos. 

As it turns out, getting Mason's stuff into a carry-on and a backpack was more of a challenge. His clothing is just a bit bulkier. But with some creative organization we made it work!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts