Day 10 - Florence!

Sunday, June 12th

I have been waiting to see Florence since my sophomore year of college when I discovered renaissance art and architecture in my Art history class with professor Mark Zucker. He was so passionate about every single detail of the art he taught us about. I could hear his voice in my head all day today. I tried my best to pass some of that knowledge to Mason and the other kids. They tolerated me... to a point.

The Duomo, Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower


Piazza Della Signoria


Fake David statue outside Medici palace. (or as some call it, the replica)


The Rape of the Sabine Women 


Gold Bridge... this is the only bridge to survive Hitlers bombing in WWII. The shops along it sell only gold.



I took a few hours to walk through the Musee de Accademia where the REAL David resides.


One of Michelangelo's unfinished sculptures.


Michelangelo's David!

Sigh... magnificent.


A view of the city!



I could honestly spend an entire month in this city, but the visit was short. I will be back!








Comments

Popular Posts